The Vice-Chancellor Prof. A. G Daramola, the Chief Executive Officer of the University heads this Unit. Accordingly, the office handles all matters relating to the internal and external administration and interests of the University.
- maintains constant focus on the vision and mission of the university.
- coordinates and supervises all academic and non-academic activities in the university.
- acts as a channel of communication between the governing council and the university.
- maintains external relations between the university and the media as well as other governmental bodies/agencies at both local and international levels.
- ensures the welfare of both staff and students as well as industrial harmony within the university community.
- facilitates the approval of and release of funds in line with the approved budget of the university.
- coordinates and supervises the following units of the university administration:
- Students Affairs Division
- Directorate of Internal Audit
- Directorate of Physical Planning
- Directorate of Academic Planning
- Management Information System (M.I.S.)
- Information, Protocol, and Passages Unit
- Legal Unit
- Equipment Maintenance Centre
- Industrial Training Unit
- Computer Resource Centre
- Centre for Research & Development
- Development and Alum ni Relations Unit
Arms of the Office
There are two major arms of the office. The main/central office of the Vice-Chancellor and the sub-units listed above.
Within the central (main) office are seasoned administrative and secretarial staff who facilitate the strategic and routine duties of the Vice-Chancellor. The office also carries out other oversight functions in terms of facilitating the assignments of university committees, directorates and units.